Lovers of coffee and adventure will enjoy a half-day of fun, excitement and thrills.
On this tour you will:
- Visit a cloud forest biological corridor.
- Travel from tree to gigantic tree over 13 platforms and 8 cables.
- Enjoy beautiful trails and waterfalls.
- Visit a coffee nursery.
- Tour our sustainable coffee farm.
- Follow your nose to our coffee-roasting plant.
- Experience a professional coffee-tasting session, known as “cupping.”
- Learn about coffee’s important role in Costa Rica’s history and culture.
- Sample our gourmet chocolates and coffees and take advantage of incredible factory prices.
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch and order the coffee beverage of your dreams from our coffee shop.
We invite you to discover our country’s natural richness and encourage you to become a steward of its diversity.
Enjoy the first part of your day on a thrilling ride through the cloud forest canopy via 13 platforms and 8 cables suspended from giant tropical oak trees. But first, a short, guided walk along forested trails past waterfalls.
Your adventure continues at the country’s original CoffeeTour, where our coffee experts guide you through each of the steps required to produce and process our “golden bean,” from plantation to cup. You’ll learn what makes a coffee truly gourmet and discover how Costa Rica’s unique micro climates and fertile soils combine to create conditions ideal for growing gourmet beans.
Conclude your tour with a visit to our factory store to sample exquisite chocolates, sweets, nuts and our great variety of gourmet coffees. You’ll find the perfect Costa Rican souvenir or unique craft item.
Finally, enjoy a delicious buffet lunch prepared with the freshest local ingredients. Dine out of doors, amid the delightful music and tropical freshness of our Don Próspero Restaurant. And pop into our coffee bar to order the beverage of your dreams.